1. Text size:

  2. Contrast:

News Archive

Elim news archive


Welcome to the Elim News Archive. This page displays all past news articles in chronological order that have appeared on the Elim Housing Association home page. 

You can navigate to older articles by either scrolling down this page or by making use of the archive function on the right hand side. 



Elim news archive — articles for June 2017

Fire Safety at Elim

You will be aware of the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower in London.

We can confirm that we have undertaken all of our obligations in relation to fire safety and we consider our buildings to be safe.

These fire safety measures include:

  • A smoke alarm on each storey of your property which is tested annually.

  • A carbon monoxide detector in any room with a solid fuel burning appliance.

  • Testing fire extinguishers where they are present.

  • Weekly checks that alarm is sounding/call points are functional at schemes with an integral fire system

  • Completion of fire risk assessments for properties with communal parts.

  • Implementing measures where required such as;

    • Installation of fire doors, fire exits or fire exit signs

    • Management of rubbish / waste to reduce fire hazards

    • Emergency lighting, smoke and heat detectors and alarm systems

    • Management of resident hazards such as pushchairs and bikes left in communal areas

    • Provision of equipment for use in a fire such as extinguishers or fire blankets


We would encourage you to check your own alarm weekly and make sure communal areas are kept free from obstructions as these can be hazardous in an emergency situation.  There is more information about fire safety here or contact your local fire service on their non-emergency number for advise and information.

You can also call us if you do have any concerns about fire safety in your home on 01454 411172 or info@elimhousing.co.uk

Read Fire Safety at Elim…

We would like to place cookies on your computer to make your experience of our website faster and more convenient. To find out more, please refer to our privacy policy . If you do not choose to accept cookies, some parts of this site may not work properly.

Please choose a setting: