BHP is a strategic partnership between housing associations and Bristol City Council (BCC), committed to working with each other and with key partners to make Bristol an even better place to live. The Partnership’s ambition is to reduce homelessness, support people to live independent and fulfilling lives, improve local communities and build the homes the people of Bristol need.
Currently, there are 14 housing associations within the BHP: Alliance Homes, Aster Group, Bromford, Brunelcare, Curo, Elim Housing, The Guinness Partnership, Habinteg, LiveWest, Solon, Sovereign, Stonewater, United Communities, Yarlington Housing Group.
The BHP Academy is a pilot training and employment initiative developed by the members of the Partnership and BCC. It’s aimed at university and sixth form college graduates and offers a great opportunity to learn new skills that are in high demand, while earning an attractive salary.
The Academy’s purpose is to recruit capable individuals into the housing sector at entry level and provide a high-quality intensive training and development programme. The programme is aimed at upskilling individuals to address the skills shortage within the industry and will incorporate a combination of classroom training in conjunction with ‘on the job’ work experience within the group of housing associations.
To be considered for the role of Trainee Development Officer, you will:
- have a degree level qualification, professional qualification or experience at working of similar level
- be a competent IT user, particularly the MS Office Suite
- be able to work on own initiative, be organised and methodical
- be able to manage your time effectively and be able to prioritise a varied workload
- hold a full driving licence with access to transport
In return, Elim will provide a generous entitlement to paid holiday increasing with length of service, pension scheme, a healthcare cash back plan, and great opportunities and support to develop your career.
Elim’s customers include families and single people living in our properties for rent, young people undertaking apprenticeships or training, clients within our support services and people buying houses that we have developed, among others. The Group currently owns and manages around 800 homes in England and Wales. Our homes include general needs homes, supported housing units, and Gypsy and Traveller Pitches, but also includes flats and houses both rented and sold to homeowners. Over the last year we have also delivered 25 units of student accommodation.
During your time with Elim you will gain hands on experience working within a sector that drives change. You will have a broader understanding of the business and industry while also providing a range of administritive services to the Investment and Asset Management team, activily reviewing the local and regional housing market to help identify land and growth oppertunites. The candidate will benefit from working within a small Housing Assosiation and will get to see every aspect of the business.
Want to gain new skills and join a vibrant, growing sector? Apply today to become a Trainee Development Officer with Elim.
• Based in South Gloucestershire
• £23,000 pa
• 6-month specialist training programme and on the job learning, including one full day of training per week
• 6-month post training support and on the job learning, including individual and group monthly coaching sessions
• 12-month on the job work experience and learning, working alongside an established Affordable Housing Development Team
Closing date: 26th August 2019
To apply for this position, please visit our jobs page.